CLOSEOUT AND WARRANTY
Building Commissioning is a quality-focused process. A successful building commissioning process requires team synergy to develop the Owner's Project Requirements, commissioning scope and plan, establishment of benchmarks for success, review of design documents for coordination with the project requirements, development of checklists, review of submittals, identification of training needs, witnessing and verifying construction phase tests, periodic site observations throughout construction and performing functional testing at project completion.
• Design guidance and oversight—we work with the owner and design team to review and develop project plans.
• Specification development—we work with the owner and designer to develop project specifications for inclusion in contract documents and plan commissioning for the life of the project.
• Construction oversight—CGA reviews the construction process on-site and in meetings with the team.
• Post-construction review—CGA conducts functional tests for systems and equipment and maintains documentation of deficiencies; includes training of facilities staff.
• Reporting—writes final commissioning report and develops manual for building systems operations and maintenance.
• Follow-up commissioning—returns to the site post-occupancy to review operations and building maintenance with occupants and facilities staff.
Final Acceptance & Move-in
• Coordinate architect, consultant and Owner punch lists as construction nears completion.
• Review the list of items to be completed or corrected with the Contractor and Architect’s office for issuance of Certificate of Substantial Completion.
Closeout and Warranty Procedures.
• Unique, 10-month warranty
• Receive from the Architect transmittal of Owners documentation required by the Contractor at the completion of the work, included but not limited to:
* Maintenance manuals
• Coordinate project close-out documentation, including as-builts, bonds and warrantees.
• Oversee final acceptance inspections of all aspects of the project.
• Building commissioning.
• Manage transfer of the building operations to the owner.
CGA Project Management, LLC
- PO Box 3147
- 187 Plymouth Avenue
- Fall River, MA 02722