CGA Project Management typically assist’s the owner in selecting the ideal project delivery method based upon the interests in speed, flexibility, need for cost certainty among other factors. Two fundamental goals which drive and shape our approach to Project Delivery include:
• Maximizing the Return on Investment for the Project
• Minimizing Risk associated with the Project.
In most cases, CGA is hired to assist the owner during the programming, procurement, construction and commissioning of a project. The CGA difference, compared to our competition, is that we don’t work exclusively on a granular level of task performance and project controls, rather we actively weigh the consequences of all tasks, from all of the disciplines involved in the project and focus on QA-QC, change order mitigation, schedule and contractual enforcement. Our approach is to work with the owner to customize our services to most effectively match the project's requirements and the Owner's needs.
CGA OPM SERVICES
• Project Management.
• Master Project Schedule.
• Comprehensive Project Budget.
• Identify roles and responsibilities for each member of the project team.
• Attend all neighborhood, zoning and planning approval meetings.
• Provide written and verbal reports to the Owner and other groups as directed.
• Provide advice regarding potential project pitfalls and suggesting solutions.
• Oversee Overall Project Coordination.
• Review of Plans and Specifications.
• Constructability reviews.
• Value engineering.
• Identify all applications, permits and approvals.
• Procurement oversight.
• Bid package preparation & Contract Document Review.
• Evaluate insurance requirements and options and assist in procurement of coverage.
• Overseeing selection, delivery, and installation of fixtures, furnishings and equipment.
• Bid evaluation.
• Assist in General Contractor selection & Contract Negotiation.
• Represent the owner at regular project meetings.
• Project Schedule review, management and oversight.
• Monitor construction schedule and alert the Owner to conditions that may lead to latency
• Facilitate timely turnaround of shop drawings and submittals, by architects and vendors.
• Receive and log samples as required at the site and communicates results with the Architectural or Engineer’s office.
• Conduct Project Meetings managing agendas, meeting minutes and action items.
• On-Site Oversight / Daily Construction Monitoring.
• Provide daily documentation and written record as to the progress, problems and recommended solutions.
• Monitor status of inspections, change orders, construction changes, shop drawings, products, and color schedules.
• Monitor Construction to make sure building for compliance with design and specifications. •Review the Contractor’s record copy of drawings specifications.
• Communicate with the Architect’s office and Owner regarding the daily progress and problems associated with construction.
• Receive and responds to the Contractor for information and coordinates that request with Architect’s, Engineer’s office, Owner.
• Review changes as submitted by the Contractor with the Architect or Engineer’s office and keeps Owner informed.
• Advocate on the part of the Owner during disputes, disagreements, modifications, or Change Orders.
• Provide a record of any occurrence of work that might result in a claim for a Change Order or require testimony as a professional witness.
• Observe tests required by the contract documents and/or as part of systems operations.
• Maintain project records in an orderly manner, including: Correspondence, Contract documents, Change orders, Construction change directives
• Manage the delivery, acceptance and install of owner furnished items.
• Resolution of local municipal and planning issues.
• Coordinate with utility companies and city agencies for incoming services.
CGA Project Management, LLC
- PO Box 3147
- 187 Plymouth Avenue
- Fall River, MA 02722